DSEAR ConsultancyContact Us
Working with you to assess the risks and advise compliance with the Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations 2002.
The regulations are in place and puts the responsibility on the employer to assess the risks that can be associated with dangerous substances used or stored within the workplace. This primarily applies to substances that can cause fires or explosions. It places duties on the employer to protect employees, visitors and members of the public who could be at risk due to work activities taking place.
The Regulations require you as an employer to:
• Identify what and where dangerous substances are in their workplace and what the risks are
• Put control measures in place to either remove those risks or, where this is not possible, control them
• put controls in place to reduce the effects of any incidents involving dangerous substances
• prepare plans and procedures to deal with accidents, incidents and emergencies involving dangerous substances
• make sure employees are properly informed about and trained to control or deal with the risks from the dangerous substances
• identify and classify areas of the workplace where explosive atmospheres may occur and avoid ignition sources from unprotected equipment.
The service we provide:
A site assessment that advises on compliance with the DSEAR Regulations, the classification of areas and an assessment of the substances in use and in storage within the workplace.
Please feel free to call us to find out more.