A flexible control package that can be customised to meet your site requirements, without the need for extensive cabling.
The Vortex Control Panel offers a robust and reliable, easy push-button operation that can be customised and configured on site.
Vortex offers all the flexibility you will need while still being simple to operate. All the day to day operations can be completed via push buttons on the front panel. With up to 12 channels*, including up to 3 for fire, Vortex can be customised to meet your site requirements, however complex, without the need for extensive cabling.
Vortex is available in four formats:
1. Wall mounted (Vortex)
2. 19″ rack mounted (Vortex rack)
3. Panel mounted (Vortex panel)
4. Exd Flameproof (Vortex FP)
Vortex Rack & Panel comprise just the essential input, output and controller modules mounted on a DIN rail. An optional display module is available in panel-mounting and 19″ Rack formats. This configuration is ideal for incorporation into a variety of specialist enclosures, such as 19″ format or those with high ingress protection. Other standard features include RS-485 Modbus communications for remote non-intrusive calibration and configuration.
Channels and display
• 1 to 12 channels (including 3 for fire) – up to 12 devices can be monitored by reviewing just one control panel, saving time and manpower
• Each channel has 1 fault level and 3 alarm levels which can be combined in any pattern to trigger up to 32 output relays – flexibility built in, initially configured to suit your operational needs, then channels/alarms are easily customised by you if requirements change
• Can be factory set to your requirements. Then when in situ, can easily be configured to suit your needs using PanelsPro software
• Push buttons on front display – day-to-day operations are easily undertaken
• LED display panel lights – faults are easily seen and whole system can be checked at a glance
Installation and maintenance
• Modbus compatibility – no extensive cabling required; cable connections within the unit are easy
• Space within units for access to cable terminals
• Uses industry standard communication links – simple to integrate into existing control systems
• Any adjustments are performed electronically – minimal maintenance and no drift from adjustable potentiometers
• Separate zones can be individually inhibited – you can work on specific areas without affecting the rest of the system
• Modular construction – replacement parts if required, which plug straight in
Compliance and reliability
• Validated to IEC 61508 (SIL 1) – demonstrates system dependability
• System monitors relays continuously – coil faults are identified immediately without input from you
• Internal battery pack* – power outs are not a problem. Internal battery pack continuously monitored for change levels and connection. System is operational at all times
*Not available on flameproof versions
The control panel is compatible with a wide range of accessories