Latchways' ManSafe overhead Fall Arrest systems combine Latchways’ unique knowledge of fall arrest load control with innovative Constant Force technology in a solution that is flexible to use, strong, durable and easy to install. Workers attached to the ManSafe system have maximum accessibility and hands-free mobility to safely go about their duties.
Latchways' ManSafe overhead systems are ideal for industrial environments and in applications such as warehouses and loading bays.
With a ManSafe overhead system the Constant Force technology is housed in an in-line energy absorber. In the event of a fall by a worker connected to the system, the Latchways Transfastener instantly locks on the cable to arrest the fall while the Constant Force energy absorber controls the load on the system.
- Load is limited to a maximum of 18 kN in the event of a fall.
- The load remains limited to a maximum of 18 kN whether one, two or three workers fall.
- The Constant Force energy absorber will only deploy when a load of 18 kN is experienced.
- The Constant Force energy absorber has a safety factor of 2: working deployment of 18 kN, design deployment of 36 kN.
- ManSafe system cable is manufactured from 1 x 19 stainless steel. It does not stretch and has a breaking strain of over 45 kN.
- The system cable can be tensioned to 5 kN to eliminate sag and any whiplash effect if a worker falls.
- The use of Constant Force technology allows for single spans of up to 60 m. Thereby reducing the number of costly ‘T’ bars and anchoring points within the system.
- Constant Force systems are quicker, easier and less costly to install than ‘I’ beam systems.
- ManSafe systems can easily accommodate changes of direction.
System tested to BS EN 795.
- The overhead device has been certified by SATRA and conforms to BS EN 362:1992.
Testing / Recertification
System testing must be conducted annually by suitably qualified installers to ensure that system certification is maintained. Key system checks such as deployment of shock absorbers, swage tests and torque checks are part of this process. Please Contact the Arco Professional Safety Services Testing & Recertification department for more details.
- Only attach to the system by means of a retractable fall arrest lanyard and full body harness conforming to the appropriate safety standards.
- Always check pre-tension before use.
- No more than the maximum number of personnel as defined in the system user instructions should attach to the system.
- Further details are available in the user instructions.
Installation of ManSafe horizontal and overhead systems should only be carried out by a Latchways trained and certified installer company. Contact the Arco Professional Safety Services Fall Protection Department for further details, or to request a consultation.
For more information on Latchways Mansafe Overhead please contact our Fall Protection department on 01785 850333 or email email@example.com.