IPAF (International Powered Access Federation) is an internationally recognised organisation which promotes the safe use of powered access.
IPAF Operator training will enable operators to manoeuvre, drive and position the Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs) safely and proficiently. MEWPs are used in all sorts of scenarios by people across all industries. Anybody using a MEWP will need to be formally trained and authorised as competent, as per the HSE Regulations. Care must be taken when operating the machine and hazards properly controlled, ensuring that pedestrians and vehicles are kept separate.
The course will include one or two of the following scissor lifts, boom lifts (static or mobile), truck mounted or trailer mounted platforms.
On successful completion on the course you will receive a PAL card (Powered Access License). The card is valid for five years and is a widely recognised qualification for platform operators.
The course will include:
• Awareness of different types of MEWPs.
• Safe operation and limitations of use of MEWPs .
• Pre-use checks, inspection and function tests.
• Setting up the MEWP for work.
• Planning the route before operating the MEWP.
• Travelling the route and manoeuvring the MEWP.
• Selection and use of fall arrest equipment.
• Basic operational practice.
• Achievement testing.
• Log book issue.
• Course review and close.
Arco Professional Safety Services Ltd offers IPAF training through an approved supplier. Our preferred supplier has 35 fully equipped, purpose built training centres situated across the UK with 27 qualified instructors. Also offering training at customers sites depending on facilities available.