PUWER Assessmentcontact us
Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (1999 in Northern Ireland)
PUWER regulations are in place to the safe operation of work equipment and machinery. PUWER regulations, place duties on people and companies who own, operate, or have control over work equipment. PUWER also places responsibilities on businesses and organisations whose employees use work equipment, whether owned by them or not.
PUWER requires that equipment provided for use at work is:
- suitable for the intended use
- safe for use, maintained in a safe condition and inspected to ensure it is correctly installed and does not subsequently deteriorate
- used only by people who have received adequate information, instruction, and training
- accompanied by suitable health and safety measures, such as protective devices and controls. These will normally include guarding, emergency stop devices, adequate means of isolation from sources of energy, clearly visible markings, and warning devices
- used in accordance with specific requirements, for mobile work equipment and power presses
Some work equipment is subject to other health and safety legislation in addition to PUWER. For example, lifting equipment must also meet the requirements of LOLER.
A team of experienced health and safety consultants are available to carry out PUWER assessments to make sure your machinery and equipment is safe to use.
Please feel free to call us to find out more about our PUWER Assessments on 0330 390 0822 or email us at email@example.com