Mobile Confined Space Units
Our fleet of mobile confined space training units enable confined space training and breathing apparatus training to take place at your site.
The mobile units incorporate state of the art technologies throughout to simulate different industrial settings in a safe environment. The flexible and controlled environment ensures trainees are immersed in a highly realistic and effective learning experience. The units are completely customisable to create a wide variety of industrial settings and to deliver training suitable to any level of experience.
- Cost saving: there is no expense incurred of trainees attending an external venue.
- Minimal disruption: time that trainees are away from site is minimised.
- Rapid set up: from arrival on site the self sufficient unit can be up and running in as little as 20 minutes.
1. Rapid set-up of self-sufficient unit
- 240v internal and external power supply: powers all facilities in the fully contained unit
- 110v power for lighting and equipment
- Automatic, retractable handrail system: safety handrail around top of vehicle ensures speedy set-up and a safe working environment
- Retractable, extendable support legs: ensure a stable working platform
- External awning: provides weather protection at the exterior of the unit
2. Live monitoring and recording of training
- Infra-red cameras: installed in the training tunnels, feeding to onboard internal and external LCD viewing screens
- Internal and external viewing screens: allow continual monitoring of all activity and shared learning with delegates outside the tunnel system
- All training within the unit is recorded to allow for post-training debriefing and discussion. Recorded content can be downloaded and supplied if required
- Microphone address system: enables live instruction from the trainer to the delegates whilst in the unit
3. Realistic simulation of industrial environments
- Onboard sound system and noise programmes: feeding simulated background noise, such as running water, into all tunnel areas enables the demonstration of model scenarios and creates a realistic environment
- Different light levels: dimmable LED lights throughout, to simulate different environments and to facilitate training of both novice and advanced users
- Smoke: spaces can be filled with smoke to facilitate training that will simulate conditions where rescue from fire may be likely
4. Vertical entry
- Over three metre vertical access shaft: to meet all current accreditation standards
- Tripod and winch: with full harness and rescue system
- Internal stairway access: to roof-mounted external training platform
- Safety handrail system: creates a fully enclosed, safe platform for training
- Non-slip safety deck: allows training to be undertaken safely in wet or damp conditions
5. Horizontal entry
- 30 metres of internal tunnels: horizontal shafts and tunnels featuring a flexible configuration with removable ladders and panels to provide a varying layout and create alternative training scenarios
- Constructed over two levels: creating a network of scrambling tunnels
- Emergency escape doors and hatches: are located throughout the tunnel system
- Isolation points: the unit contains features which may need to be located in a real situation, such as isolation for electricity, and mechanical isolation for chemicals
6. Breathing apparatus
- Respiratory protection and breathing apparatus maintenance area
- Onboard locker storage for breathing apparatus and training equipment
- A comprehensive range of equipment is available, including:
- Breathing apparatus
- Gas monitors
- Rescue equipment
Download our brochure to learn more about confined spaces and the solutions we offer.